Friday, August 14, 2009

JASPER ALLEN DUBERRY GET TO KNOW HIM

STEVEN MAC DONALD FROEMMING
I was able to do a question and answer piece with Jasper Allen Duberry who goes to Champlin Park High School. I met Jasper this past summer when he played summer AAU basketball. He currently plays just basketball. He has been starting ever since his sophomore year.

He said, ”I used to be in karate pretty seriously but it often conflicts with my basketball all year long. So I occasionally catch a class here and there. I played baseball and in elementary through middle school.” He currently stands 5’11” and is 172 pounds.



He will be a senior this year, class of 2010. When it comes to music he said, “ I listen to all kinds of stuff but mostly I like relaxing and light rock and acoustic, but overall pretty much everything but country.” His favorite artists are John Mayer, Coldplay, Jack Johnson, Jason Mraz, Michael Jackson, Jay-Z and Eminem.

He played for the TNL Express AAU basketball team this summer. His dad was his coach this summer. I asked him to talk about what it was like playing for his dad. “It went great. I felt that him being my coach made it easier to connect. And it made me a lot more coachable because we weren’t just limited to seeing each other only at basketball but at home as well.”


Click here to read the rest of the article ...

No comments: